Tuesday 13 December 2016

Tie-in Tuesday: Robin of Sherwood and The Knights of the Apocalypse

It's arrived! Six and a half months after I completed the manuscript, I am now in possession of copies of my novelisation of Richard 'Kip' Carpenter's Robin of Sherwood: The Knights of the Apocalypse.

A number of people have already received theirs and have given glowing reports of the book, which is always pleasing, but the best thing I've seen online to date is this!

I'm a big fan of the Series 3 episode 'Cromm Cruac', so inevitably I love cuddly Cromm.

I loved Robin of Sherwood as a child, and it is one of those things that has influenced me as a writer, with my early books in particular often referencing elements of the show. When I was watching it on TV back in the 1980s I certainly never imagined that one day I would end up authoring a Robin of Sherwood book.

I grew up close to where much of the series was filmed and I must remember to take a copy to the Tithe Barn in Bardford-on-Avon* next time I'm down in Wiltshire, for another photo op.

One day, when I have more time, I must write a blog post about my experience of Robin of Sherwood fandom, and the path that lead me to adapt Kip Carpenter's last Robin of Sherwood script - including the part my university friend Mike played in it all - but for now all that there remains for me to say is thank you, to Barnaby Eaton-Jones for offering me this once in a lifetime opportunity, and to everyone who has been lucky enough to snag themselves a copy, enjoy! (I shall look forward to reading your reviews online.)

And remember, nothing's forgotten... Nothing is ever forgotten...



The typo that got away; 'crenulated' should of course read 'crenellated'.


* Which stood in for the interior of Nottingham Castle. (I also lived in Nottingham for two years, and visited Sherwood Forest many times.)

3 comments:

BarnabyEJ said...

There's also a typo in the Chapter Titles at the start. Well, not a typo. Just the failing of a capitalisation of a word. I'm really sorry about that. For something that spend an awfully long time being edited for such things, there's really no excuse for this!! My bad. x

Unknown said...

DEAR SIR,

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS BOOK PLS. I'M IN SRI LANKA

THX

Jonathan Green said...

Unfortunately this was only for backers of an Indiegogo campaign, and those who snuck in after a second print run was ordered, so it is not for sale any longer. Sorry.