Thursday 31 December 2015

Review of the Year - 2015

This time last year I posted a blog wondering what the future had in store for 2015. "Will it be the Year of Sharkpunk? The Year of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain? Or theYear of Steampunks vs Zombies? Only time will tell..."

Well, as it turned out, one of those projects has yet to materialise but what's funny, looking back now, is that Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland never even got a mention, because I hadn't come up with the idea at the time. It just goes to show what a difference a year can make.

2013 was the Year of Moshi Monsters, while 2014 was the Year of YOU ARE THE HERO, and 2015 will now go down in my memory as the Year of Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland. However, my gamebook re-imagining of Lewis Carroll's classic wasn't the only highlight of my writing year.

First off 2015 was the year I first edited and compiled a short story anthology, and not just one but two. May saw the launch of SHARKPUNK, a month before the 40th anniversary of the movie Jaws, and in August GAME OVER was published.


In 2015 LEGO was named the brand of the year, and 2015 also just happened to be the year I contributed to my first LEGO book and that I wrote my first Twelfth Doctor book, who ended up immortalised in LEGO this year too. 2015 was also the year my first work for World of Warriors saw print.

But December was the biggest month for me, with The Ulysses Quicksilver Omnibus Volume 2 seeing print, along with Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland and the spin-off adult colouring book, Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland Colouring Book.

I already have a number of new projects lined up for next year, so what will 2016 be remembered as? The Year of Robin of Sherwood? The Year of Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu? Or the Year of Dorothy's Nightmare in Oz*? Only time will tell...



* Or should I call it The Warmonger of Oz? I'm not sure...


No comments: