Friday 7 November 2014

Gamebook Friday: YOU ARE THE HERO

There's a fantastic (and detailed) review of YOU ARE THE HERO on RPG.net that I thought I would share with you. Here are just some of the highlights.

"The entire book oozes flavour. The images evoke a sense of atmosphere and - for me and no doubt other older fans of the series - a sense of misty-eyed nostalgia."

"The whole tome gives me plenty of pleasure from beginning to end. There were more than a few ‘Oh, yeah! I remember that!’ moments and plenty of material that makes me look at my Fighting Fantasy collection and want to add more to it."

"An excellent read that takes old gamers like me back in time, as well as being an incredibly interesting history lesson in the early days of gamebooks and British gaming for the regular hobbyist to enjoy. Highly recommended."

You can read the review in its entirety here, and you can pick up a copy of YOU ARE THE HERO - A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks, here.

No comments: