Monday 4 March 2013

The Sci-Fi Weekender 2013

So that was the Sci-Fi Weekender 2013 (a.k.a. #sfw4) and (bar the arctic temperatures in my caravan) a great time was had by all. I hosted two panels - the steampunk one (featuring Mr Robert Rankin) being particularly well-attended - and sold lots of Fighting Fantasy gamebooks as well as numerous Pax Britannia novels.


Too many bizarre and amazing occurrences to even attempt to list them all here but I do have a few shout-outs to make. First of all, thank you to my stalwart supporters, Claire, Matt and John, who I think all impersonated me at one time or another over the course of the weekend by helping out on my stall. Herr Döktor, for the safe delivery of Archimedes, the steampunk robot parrot. Marcus and Winston (among others) who bought up vast stocks of gamebooks (both Fighting Fantasy and Path to Victory). Spindles, Emma and Magic Megan (who asked an excellent question during our steampunk panel). Emma Binns, Nick, Lady Raygun, David Howe, Sam Stone, Raven Dane, Fraser, Chase, Gareth L Powell, Ash, Daisy the Moshi Monsters fan, the Knightmare Cosplayers, Celeste, Laurel and Greg, Dr Geof, the Geek Syndicate guys and gals, Craig Charles, Area 51, Sean and Constance, Neil Brittle and all the organisers, and the nice man who gave me an Access All Areas pass, even though I didn't have time to use it.

Herr Döktor (or should that be Ulysses Quicksilver?) and Archimedes the Steampunk Parrot (who ended up totally stealing the show).

Apologies to all those I haven't mentioned. Come and find me on Twitter or Facebook and say hello.

Only at the Sci-Fi Weekender would you see Batman and Bane sharing a pint, or be able to say the sentence "There's a girl over there adjusting her hooves" without sounding like you were completely mad.

Anyway, check out my slideshow below and, if you're feeling brave, this.

Same time, same place, next year then...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rnjoyable blog and great pictures bringing back so many happy memories of a wonderful event...and thanks for being a great neighbour in 'steampunk corner'...I even managed not to nick any of the tombola sweeties!

Raven Dane

Windson said...

Thanks for your time :) I'll get around to start reading books soon.

Windson :)