Friday 25 May 2012

Gamebook Friday: The Pirate of the Beyond

June 2012 sees the publication of Le Pirate de l’Au-delà, or rather the French edition of Bloodbones.

This is the most recent French translation of one of my gamebooks, the last being Knights of Doom (or rather Les Chevalier du Destin) towards the end of the 1990s, and I'm really excited to see what our Gallic cousins make of 'The Pirate of the Beyond'.

In other over-the-Channel-related news, Le Grimoire Publishing has opened an Art Gallery offering unique artworks by legendary gamebook artists Gary Chalk and Russ Nicholson for sale (including a number by Russ  from the FF universe).

You can find out more about Le Grimoire Publishing's endeavours here, and you can keep up to date with the release of Le Pirate de l’Au-delà here.

3 comments:

delavega said...

I am french and quite happy to read you in my language but I'm very disappointed by their cover design : ugly greenish filter over McKenna's original, ugly DF logo, ...
Does Martin accept that kind of alteration ?

Jonathan Green said...

I doubt he gets any say in the matter.

Jim said...

Least it isn't pink lol