Monday 23 April 2012

Saint George's Day

As well as being World Book Night and Shakespeare's birthday, today is also Saint George's Day, of course. England's patron saint was a native of the Middle East and is best known now for killing a dragon that, we are told, had something of a taste for princesses.

I haven't written any stories featuring Saint George and the Dragon (other than a piece I wrote at school when I was 14 or 15, or thereabouts), but I have written a few featuring knights and, naturally for a fantasy writer, dragons.

If you're after knights you might enjoy Knights of Doom, Night of the Necromancer or my short story Sir Dagobert's Last Battle.

If it's dragons you're after, you might enjoy the novella Conqueror Worm, Stormslayer or even my Doctor Who novel Terrible Lizards.

No comments: