Tuesday 3 April 2012

C is for Clint Langley

I was very excited to receive the commission for my first novel - The Dead and the Damned, back in 2002 - but this excitement was only compounded when I discovered that Clint Langley would be producing the cover for the book. And here it is...

I'm told Clint almost went mad illustrating all those skeletons but thankfully he pulled through to produce many, many more covers for Black Library, not to mention books'-worth of comic strip pages for the likes of 2000AD and others. Actually it was his work on strips work like Dinosity and Slaine that brought him to my attention in the first place. So to have him produce the cover for my first book - well that was just a dream come true.

You can see more example of Clint's work here.

2 comments:

Sherry Gloag said...

Getting the book coover of your dream IS important. I've had those I hate and those I love. And those I love have all had tons of compliments from the readers too.
Paragraphics did those and I just love the work she does and her commitment to the covers she creates.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Great cover!

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Challenge!

KarenG
A to Z Challenge Host