Friday 6 May 2011

Anno Frankenstein - 6 days to go

When I started plotting Anno Frankenstein in detail last year, I was inspired by early promotional pictures of Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, showing the heroines Baby Doll, Sweet Pea, Blondie, Rocket and Amber in all their fetishistic glory.


As a result I created the Monstrous Regiment who play an integral part in the proceedings (but who aren't so objectified as the girls are in Sucker Punch*).

I didn't actually get to see Sucker Punch until earlier this week, the same day that my author copies of Anno Frankenstein appeared in the post, as it happens. So imagine my delight when during the map sequence in the movie our heroines go up against steam- and clockwork-powered zombie Germans, which is not dissimilar to what happens to the Monstrous Regiment in Anno Frankenstein.

If you've not seen the movie yourself, feast your eyes on this animated short.







* At least I hope not!

No comments: