Monday 5 May 2008

JG's Back Catalogue: The Black Library

Continuing the theme of informing potential readers about my back catalogue of already published works, today we come to my work for the Black Library.

The Black Library is part of BL Publishing, the publishing imprint of Games Workshop. The Black Library produces stories about the game worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000.


I started working for Games Workshop in 1994, writing short stories for their rulebooks. When the Black Library was set up in 1997 it was only natural that I start writing for the imprint.

I began by writing short stories for Inferno! magazine and then moved on to writing comic strips for the monthly Warhammer comic.

The Black Library commissioned my first novel in 2002. This was set within the Warhammer world and was called The Dead and the Damned. Thereafter I wrote two novels a year, alternating from Warhammer to Warhammer 40,000. These were Crusade for Armageddon, Magestorm, Iron Hands and Necromancer. My last book published by the Black Library to date was Conquest of Armageddon, which came out in 2005.









No comments: